Leighton Road Surgery
1 Leighton Road
Tel: 01525 372 571
About Leighton Road Surgery
The surgery has been established in Leighton Buzzard for over 40 years. During this time the practice has grown in size and reputation. We are very proud of this reputation for providing top quality healthcare.
The surgery is situated centrally in Leighton Buzzard and offers modern well equipped accommodation.
We also have a branch surgery at Ridgeway Court on Grovebury Road.
In April 2016 we merged with Grovebury Road Surgery. The merged surgery will offer:
- Enhanced Duty Team to cater for you when you require urgent care, without needing to have an appointment. Larger team of doctors and nurses to ensure continuity of care during periods of staff leave or sickness.
- Greater specialty skill mix of doctors and nurses with referral to in-house expertise where appropriate.
- In-house "Drop-in" blood test clinics 5 days per week, where you are able to have your blood sample taken without having to make an appointment.
- There will also be the facility for pre-booked blood test appointments, if you would prefer.
- We are investing in a new, state-of-the-art telephone system which, we expect, will help make the experience of calling the surgery much more pleasant and efficient. We would be really grateful however if you would show forbearance with us if, at first, there are a few teething problems.
- Enhanced clinics for patients which will be at the Grovebury Road Complex.
- Chronic illnesses clinics such as Diabetes, Asthma and COPD.
- Family Planning and Sexual Health clinics.
- Anticoagulation clinics, so that patients can easily have their anticoagulant monitored here in the surgery.
- A greater number and variety of clinics for baby immunisations.
- Extra choice of late night and weekend appointments.
- A greater appointment availability online.
The Practice Team consists of 75 members of staff including Doctors, Nurses, Dispensers, Therapists, Receptionists, Admin and Domestic Staff. We all aim to provide you with the best possible primary health care.
We offer a comprehensive range of medical and preventative services aim to cater for your health needs within the Practice whenever possible.
The Practice is a Training Practice for doctors who want to become General Practitioners (GPs) so we usually have a GP registrar working with us as part of their professional training.
We have over 22,600 patients registered with us and offer over 50,000 consultations each year.
The Practice is a member of and accounts to Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group (BCCG) who are responsible for the provision and planning of health care across this area.
The Practice has excellent working relationships with local hospitals, Community Health Practitioners, Social Services, Pharmacies, Voluntary Groups and Local Authorities. Through the surgery patients can access many other services and organisations.
We have an active Patient Participation Group to represent your views and help us plan for the future.
1 job with Leighton Road Surgery
We will provide you with an exciting opportunity to practice and further develop your skills within a collaborative team.