General Practitioner - Merville Barracks
- Undertake Primary Healthcare (PHC) clinics for Military and entitled personnel.
- Examinations and Occupational Health (OH) assessments within the locum doctor's scope of experience and qualification.
- To inform the local medical authority of any case that may affect a serviceman's ability to undertake their duties.
- To complete reports and documentation in accordance with MOD policy or the requirements of any other government department.
- To attend individual management reviews or case conferences with Primary Healthcare (PHC) and/or line management as required.
STANDARDS TO WHICH A GENERAL PRACTITIONER MUST COMPLY WHEN PROVIDING THE SERVICES
- To comply with relevant Authority policy as notified to the doctor.
- To comply with regulatory standards set out by the General Medical Council's (GMC) Good Medical Practice (GMP) document.
- To comply with Joint Service Publication (JSP) 950 Medical Policy.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Registration with the General Medical Council both on the main register and on the General Medical Council (GMC) GP Register without Restrictions.
- A copy of the Doctor(s) Fitness to Practise declaration must be provided to the Authority prior to any GP undertaking duties under the Contract.
- Must have a current, satisfactory in date annual appraisal in line with the requirements of the General Medical Council's (GMC's) Good Medical Practice (GMP).
- Must hold current, valid personal medical indemnity insurance.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Previous Ministry of Defence (MOD) experience.
- Previous emergency care/response experience.
- Membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP) and/or Diploma of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (DFSRH).