General Practitioner (Av Med) - RAF Lossiemouth
A. OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION - SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
1. Undertake Primary Healthcare (PHC) clinics for Military and entitled personnel.
2. Examinations and Occupational Health (OH) assessments within the locum doctor's scope of experience and qualification.
3. To inform the local medical authority of any case that may affect a serviceman's ability to undertake their duties.
4. To complete reports and documentation in accordance with MOD policy or the requirements of any other government department.
5. To attend individual management reviews or case conferences with Primary Healthcare (PHC) and/or line management as required.
B. STANDARDS TO WHICH A GENERAL PRACTITIONER WITH AVIATION MEDICINE MUST COMPLY WHEN PROVIDING THE SERVICES
6. To comply with relevant Authority policy as notified to the doctor.
7. To comply with regulatory standards set out by the General Medical Council's (GMC) Good Medical Practice (GMP) document.
8. To comply with Joint Service Publication (JSP) 950 Medical Policy.
C. ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
9. General Practitioners must be registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) both on the main register and on the GMC GP Register without Restrictions.
10. A copy of the Doctor(s) Fitness to Practise declaration must be evidenced to the Authority prior to any GP undertaking duties under the Contract.
11. Diploma in Aviation Medicine or have completed the RAF Military Aviation Medicine Examiner (MAME) Course.
12. Must have a current, satisfactory in date annual appraisal in line with the requirements of the General Medical Council's (GMC's) Good Medical Practice (GMP).
13. Must hold current, valid personal medical indemnity insurance.
D. DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
14. Previous Ministry of Defence (MOD) experience.
15. Previous experience of working within an MOD Airfield/Naval Base
16. Previous emergency care/response experience.
17. Member of the Royal College of General Practitioners (MRCGP) and/or Diploma of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (DFSRH).
18. Diploma in Occupational Medicine or Sports Medicine.
Apply for General Practitioner (Av Med) - RAF Lossiemouth
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly