Medical Lead - Practice Assist
Step into Medical Leadership with Care UK
This is an exciting opportunity for a GP to provide medical leadership at the Practice Assist Service. Practice Assist is an exciting national innovation that has evolved from the Prime Ministers Challenge Fund. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to be involved in the forefront of testing new technologies such as Web tools, home working and be involved in shaping and leading this critically acclaimed serve that has been shortlisted for the HSJ Awards 2 years in a row.
It will be predominantly a Hub based role at Southall supporting a team of GPs on telephone consulting remotely for GP practices nationally. Care Uk will provide MDU indemnity cover as well as development in your management skills and access to personal development and training in medical leadership. Working with the operational team you will have responsibilities for providing clinical leadership
The post involves working at the Hub 3 days per week and includes 8 hours protected time for management.
Essential Skills and Experience
• Inclusion in the GMC Register.
• On a PCT Medical Performers List.
• Evidence of audit activities.
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• Significant and varied experience as a GP.
• Knowledge of methods of developing clinical quality assurance and evidence based practice.
• Evidence of up to date knowledge and skills.
• Evidence of ability to maintain and monitor high standards of care.
• Evidence of professional development and knowledge.
• Excellent Computer Skills.
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to negotiate effectively with external agencies.
• Quality focused with innovative approach, the ability to solve problems and implement action plans.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Evidence of responding to clinical incidents and complaints
• Ability to communicate with doctors with differing styles and attitudes.
• Physically able to carry out the duties involved.
• Strong commitment to developing new high quality clinical services.
• Commitment to team working. Willingness to provide mentoring and support to area GPs where appropriate.
Contact Dr Reggie Sangha or David Tinkler using the application form below for further information.
A job description is available on request. This is a permanent role offering a pro-rata salary of £110,000 per annum and minimum commitment will be 2x 8 hour clinical sessions and 8 hours protected non-clinical hours.
Please note that this role is subject to Care UK Terms & Conditions and offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references, enhanced DBS check