Imagine doing the job you love in a new environment. Enjoy greater clinical independence with improved pay and work/life balance all in the glorious Australian climate.
Why choose to work with Ochre Health?
From the very start in 2002, with our first medical centres in rural NSW, Ochre Health has been committed to delivering the best health outcomes for our communities.
We believe that in order to achieve this, our doctors must be supported by a highly trained team of nurses, practice and operational staff, all working towards the same goal; Improving healthcare in Australia.
Now, with 33 medical centres across six states and territories, we are the chosen partner for over 120 GPs and have taken our vision and values to wider Australia.”
Our doctors benefit from:
- Open and flexible contract arrangements – None of our doctors have fixed terms in their contracts. They choose to stay with Ochre Health because they want to and share our passion for improving health outcomes.
- A commitment to education and training – Our doctors are supported in pursuing their own professional development and we are committed to providing centres of excellence for GP Registrars and medical students keen to start their careers.
- Full clinical autonomy – We believe our doctors should be allowed to practice their way. We provide the best software systems and operational support, that allows them to be the GP they always wanted to be.
UK and Irish doctors benefit from:
- Improved work-life balance – doctors in Australia work less hours each week then their UK counterparts.
- Reduced administration burden – doctors in Australia spend on average one hour less per day on admin, compared to doctors in the UK
- Increased professional satisfaction – doctors in Australia enjoy greater clinical autonomy, freedom and scope of practice
We conduct 2-3 trips each year to the UK and Ireland to meet doctors interested in making the move to Australia. We provide full assistance with the registration process, a relocation allowance and a comprehensive orientation programme when you arrive. In the past 2 years Ochre Health has successfully recruited 15 doctors from the UK and Ireland to join one of our medical centres.
We are currently going through an extraordinary period of growth and are keen to speak with you about making Australia and Ochre Health your next step.
Please browse our latest vacancies and do not hesitate to contact us for more information.
Are you a dedicated GP seeking outstanding work/life balance in a unique setting close to the coast?
Wake up to endless stunning waterways, dolphins at your door and incredible beaches perfect for surfing and fishing all year long.
Imagine doing the job you love in the perfect climate, enjoying greater clinical independence with improved pay and work/life balance.
Ochre Health is Australia's leading rural medical centre operator and we are looking for UK GPs.
It's a great time to be considering working as a Sabbatical Doctor in Australia.