Medical Officer, Part Time / Salaried £90,000 4 days per week, Manchester City Centre
Job Title: Medical Officer
Reports To: Contract: Chief Medical Officer,
Part Time/Full Time opportunity
Apply your skills in a space that matters
Our client is a multi-award winning digital health company that enables paitents to have a video consultation with a GP within 6 minutes on any device. They are growing at a phenomenal pace and we are now looking for amazing people to join our clients on their game-changing adventure to make millions of people healthier and happier.
- Review of consultations (currently every 20th consultation) Review of specific consultations related to complaint or concern Review of children’s consultations – ensure validation process adhered to Significant events - compiling SEA, reviewing SEA and trends & develop and implement quality improvement from SEA Audit Working with colleagues
- Liaise with Customer service, Operations and Customer Relationship team - Liaise with GP’s and other clinical staff
- Prescription review
- Weekly review of all prescription Identification of new medications to blacklist Liaising with customer service and GP’s re medication issues Process development
- Liaising with IT, Design. Lifestyle and User experience Policies and development of processes Long term condition management Programme development and delivery Lifestyle programme development, implementation and monitoring GP Training
- Developing and monitoring GP training GP evaluation Developing forum for GP communication Developing training programmes for CPD Weekly newsletter Skills Specification Fully qualified UK GP on GMC GP performers list Completed appropriate and ongoing training
- Appraisal and revalidation
- Safeguarding level 3 is essential, level 4 desirable
- Information governance
- Whistle blowing Equality and diversity & any others required
- Autonomy - Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability. Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy. Plans own work to meet given objectives and processes.
- Influence - Influences team and specialist peers internally. Influences customers at account level and suppliers. Has some responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources.
- Participates in external activities related to own specialism. Makes decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives.
- Complexity - Performs a broad range of complex technical or professional work activities, in a variety of contexts. Investigates, defines and resolves complex problems.
- Business skills - Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications.
- Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving. Communicates fluently orally and in writing, and can present complex technical information to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives.
- Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets and in accordance with relevant legislation and procedures.
- Rapidly absorbs new technical information and applies it effectively.
- Has a good appreciation of the wider field of information systems, their use in relevant employment areas and how they relate to the business activities of the employer or client. Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility for personal development. relevant legislation and procedures. Rapidly absorbs new technical information and applies it effectively. Has a good appreciation of the wider field of information systems, their use in relevant employment areas and how they relate to the business activities of the employer or client.
- Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility for personal development.
Apply today, or contact us on 020 3489 6070