SALARIED GP POST RAILWAY MEDICAL GROUP - BLYTH
SALARIED GP POST RAILWAY MEDICAL GROUP BLYTH
Please take time to read this advert. It’s written by one of our salaried GP's to tell you why Railway is a good place to work .Yes like all places we are busy and demand is increasing, GP work is pretty much the same anywhere you go now but this is why I think you should consider here and I have worked here 15yrs!
- Flexible on sessions looking for ideally 8 but discuss less
- Really nice partners to work for who are in no way going to dictate to you!
- Good pay and increasing scale according to how much experience you have starting at over £9k/session, and obviously pay your defence fees
- We get paid admin time!
- Good holidays 7 weeks pro rata
- No horrendous old fashioned on call days with late visits as we run an acute service for on the day demand ( telephone triage ) and late visits run by 2 GPs and a nurse – so that means no extras on your surgery either. Not all our doctors are involved in triage but if you would like to you can.
- Flexible surgery times – you can start pretty much when you want and have whatever appointment length you need as long as you seem same amount patients
- Very flexible about specialist areas – if you would like to do something will try our best to support this whether this be teaching/ injections/ minor ops etc but not compulsory
- Extended hours work not expected unless you want to for extra money except pro rata share of Saturday rota which works out about 6-7/ year for 8-9 session GP (its only 3 hrs and not that onerous )
- We try our best to go out to lunch once a week and if you are lucky our senior partner will pay!
- We have lovely patients on the whole, yes Blyth has a reputation for drugs but we tend not to see these patients as they are managed by substance misuse
- Paperwork minimal as filtered by admin staff
- Pharmacy technicians in house who sort out most of our prescription queries.
Dr Georgina Smith, Salaried GP, Railway Medical Group
And the necessary practice info
- List size, 23,600
- 18 GPs
- EmisWeb clinical system
Contact: Chris Watson
Practice Manager / Management Partner
Tel 01670 542632 Chris.email@example.com