Rural General Practitioner
Rural GP | VMO – Scottsdale, Tasmania
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Rural General Practitioner to join our expanding practice in Scottsdale.
We are excited to announce that a well established Medical Centre in Scottsdale has joined the Ochre Health network. With this positive news, Ochre Health are looking for a GP VMO to join us in Scottsdale, and become part of this picturesque community in rural Tasmania.
Why work at Scottsdale?
- DWS eligible location.
- RA3 location – which means a 30% reduction in your moratorium, a reduction from 10 years to 7 years.
- Eligible for RVTS, ROMPS, RLRP and the ACRRM independent pathway.
- Eligible for GRIP payments as MMM5 location, up to $23,000 in your 5th year
- Practice is supported by visiting Allied Health, and Registered Nurses to assist with CDM, immunisations and women’s health.
- Boost your income by supporting the VMO roster 1:4
- Exceptional earning potential – $300k-$350k a year
- 1-hour drive from Launceston
- 20-minute drive to beautiful coastal town, Bridport
About the medical centre
Our Medical Centre is a well equipped and purpose built practice facility built in 2012. The building boasts 5 consulting rooms, a three-bay treatment room, a procedure room and on-site pathology.
Operating hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday, with a Saturday clinic from 9am-11am. We are an AGPAL accredited practice.
Ochre Health Medical Centre Scottsdale works cooperatively with our sister Medical Centre in Bridport, which is open 2 days a week.
About the Hospital
Our Medical Centre is located beside the hospital, making it easy for the doctor on call to get to the hospital quickly. The Scottsdale Hospital provides 19 acute care beds, an Outpatient and Emergency Service, low-risk maternity, physiotherapy, radiology and visiting services. The hospital also includes the James Scott Wing Nursing Home which has 30 residential aged care beds.
Just an hour’s drive from Launceston, Scottsdale is a picturesque town located amidst rolling green hills and rich pasture land. Close to local wineries, Scottsdale is the quintessential Tasmanian farming town, located in the island’s verdant northeast. With fertile soil and a mild climate, the region’s main industries are pine plantations, dairy and potato farming. Scottsdale is home to 2,500 people.
Scottsdale is 35km from Blue Derby, Tasmania’s renowned mountain biking park, and is just 15km from Scottsdale is the world-famous attraction, the Bridstowe Estate Lavender Farm.
- General Registration or Vocational Registration with AHPRA
- Proficient with common general practice conditions
- Current emergency medicine certificate (APLS, ELS etc.)
- Recent experience in an unsupervised if assisting with the VMO roster
- Previous experience as a Rural General Practitioner is highly desirable