Rural Generalist (GP/VMO)
Ochre Health is seeking a Rural Generalist (GP/VMO) to join our team in Queenstown, TAS.
The practice is the only private medical centre in Queenstown and is attached to the hospital and aged care facility. The practice has the capacity for three full-time doctors who are supported by a full-time CDM trained Registered Nurse, administration staff and a number of visiting Allied Health professionals and ancilliary services. It has a developing Telehealth program to assist access for its patients to distant specialist services.
The hospital has two emergency and 10 acute beds, with the closest referral hospital being in Burnie, which is a two-hour drive away. Ochre Health took over the existing service in February 2014.
This RA4 location is suitable for a Vocationally Registered doctor, or an experienced GP/GMO looking for an eligible location for the ACRRM independent pathway, RLRP or RVTS.
Working alongside a highly experienced GP/VMO, you will receive nursing and administrative support and provide on call services to the hospital.
About the Town
Queenstown is situated on the west coast of Tasmania which lies in a valley on the western slopes of Mount Owen on the West Coast Range. With the A10 Highway running through Queenstown, it can take 2 hours to reach Burnie on the north coast of Tasmania or 4 hours to Hobart. Queenstown is just 40 minutes from Strahan or Rosebery.
Queenstown is classified as an RA4 (Remote) location and is eligible for the rural relocation and retention grants. It is a recognised Districts of Workforce Shortage (DWS) and practitioners are eligible for ROMPs payments.
You will benefit from:
- $350K – $400k package (including house and car)
- Excellent supervision or mentoring onsite (if required) by ex ACRRM/RDAA President
- Relocation, procedural, CPD and generous retention grants
- A location eligible for RLRP, RVTS and ACRRM independent pathway
- Significant reduction in moratorium (RA4 location, reducing your moratorium by 40%)
- Housing + Car provided
- General Registration or above with AHPRA
- Proficient with common general practice conditions
- Current emergency medicine certificate (APLS, ELS etc.) and recent GP.VMO experience
Apply for Rural Generalist (GP/VMO)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly