General Practitioner - North Colchester Healthcare Centre
Be the doctor you want to be (and more)
Care UK is the country’s largest independent provider of NHS services — which means we have a constant need for the best and brightest medical talent.
We can offer salaried or self-employed work within the Health Centre to fit in with your lifestyle.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a GP who’s looking to broaden their clinical experience or looking for more flexible hours. We can give you the freedom and variety to develop a more fulfilling career.
Whatever your interests, we’ll make sure that your skills are kept completely up to date with a CPD and registration programme. It’s an environment where there are always opportunities to innovate and learn.
With us, GPs have the opportunity to develop their skills across a whole range of areas — in everything from walk in centres, GP practices, SARCs, urgent care centres, out of hours GP services to offender health.
About the Job
Based in Colchester, the centre offers a wide range of NHS services from 7am to 10pm, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Enhancing healthcare in the area, it makes seeing a GP, receiving treatment for minor illnesses and injuries, and access to health advice, much more convenient for local people.
The service treats a variety of patients across the local community, with a mixture of registered patients and those availing of the Walk-In service. The demographics of the population are of a relatively young age with the majority of those patients aged between 0-40. Therefore, as a GP in the service, you will expect to treat a variety of issues, with very few long term conditions.
We will give you a chance to work in an environment that is supported by clinical peers and robust governance.
- Be on the GMC Register
- Be on the GP Performers List
- Experienced or new GP with experience/confidence managing acute and chronic presentations for both adult and paediatric patients.
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Ability to maintain and monitor high standards of care.
Salary & Benefits
We have salaried and self-employed jobs available, with sessions being up to 4-5 hours in length. We can also offer longer shifts should you prefer to do this.
We can offer you:
- Up to £110,000 per annum for salaried GP's, pro-rata for part-time
- Competitive hourly rates for self-employed GP's
- Indemnity Reimbursement for salaried GPs
- 25 days annual leave for salaried GPs (pro-rata)
- 5 Days study leave for salaried GPs (pro-rata)
- Company pension scheme for salaried GPs
- CPD (including free online and face-to-face training)*
- Regional/National opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and online discounts for salaried GPs
*At Care UK, we put a strong focus on development. As such, you can take advantage of the investment in educational sessions and events to count towards your CPD. We also offer a robust, clinically led management structure of experienced GPs, who will give you the advice and support you need.
As an organisation Care UK is at the cutting edge of service development underpinned by a commitment to developing strong and effective leaders and embedding quality improvement methodologies. There is a strong track record of career progression within the organisation.
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory references and a DBS check.
Care UK is committed to creating a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you'd like to learn more, arrange an informal visit to the service or have any questions please contact Ben Averill