Clinical Lead role in Leyton
An exciting new post has become available for an experienced GP to work as Clinical Lead within an innovative and forward thinking primary care organisation with a key site in the Leyton area.
The package on offer is an outstanding one:
£13,000 per session + Full Indemnity
The post holder will work with colleagues to ensure the highest standards of care for all patients, dealing with a wide range of presenting health needs in a primary care setting.
The post holder will also contribute to planning and decision making as part of the overall practice.
The post holder will be the clinical liaison between the surgery and the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and will work with the Regional Practice Manager to ensure the surgery meets the requirements of the CCG.
In general, the post-holder will be expected to undertake all the normal duties and responsibilities associated with a GP working within primary care.
The Lead GP is expected to fullfil the clinical requirements of the GP position, including but not exclusively:
- Face to face clinical consultations with accurate electronic recording of notes
- Diagnosis and management of all primary care conditions and management of any acute medical emergencies that may present to the practice
- Accurate and in most cases generic prescribing in line with local prescribing advice.
- Telephone appointments with patients
- To complete all admin work relating to consultations including referrals, review of incoming post and results reviews
- To complete medical reports and other reports as required
- To perform home visits where required.
- To remain up to date clinically and incorporate the latest medical evidence, including NICE reports, in your practice
- To meet the needs of QOF
- To have an annual NHS appraisal and meet all learning needs arising from this appraisal
- To have an annual appraisal and work towards the PDP arising from this appraisal.
- Ensure Surgeries meet CQC regulatory requirements by working with Practice Teams
- Develop and lead the local team
- Invest time in to developing staff and clinicians
- Undertake clinical supervision of colleagues
- To take responsibility as Safeguarding Lead
- To act as Prevent Lead for the practice
For the lead post only the time will be split between clinical work and leadership work (so not all time clinical)
General set up of site
- 7500 List Size
- 5 GPs (2 fulltime)
- 1 ANP
- 2 HCA’s
- 3 Practice Nurses
- EMIS Web Clinical System
- Practice / Business Manager
- Monthly clinical meetings
General set up of the day
- NO ON CALL
- 15 patient appointments in the morning
- 15 patient appointments in the afternoon
- 2 hours specifically allocated to admin
- Dedicated doctor to do home visits – so you don’t have to
A degree of flexibility on the above is possible and will be open to discussion.
If you would like to find out some more information regarding location then please call in to discuss with a Medmatch consultant who will calculate your commute for you.
Should you wish to apply then either send in your CV to Tim Costa (0778 7021 407) tcosta@ medmatch.co.uk or apply through by uploading your CV through this site.
Please also do not hesitate to call in to the office line on 0203 0065 865 and we would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the opportunity.