At Virgin Care our approach to delivering healthcare services is innovative, refreshing and above all caring. We are committed to putting patient care first and we are looking for dedicated professionals who share our values and our passion for delivering quality care. We provide and contract for front-line NHS and social care services across England and have treated millions of people since 2006. We aim to make a lasting positive difference to the quality of care people receive. So, if that is what gets you out of bed in the morning, read on.
As Practice Nurse you will join our Primary Care team at Church Lane, Braintree and will work alongside fellow dedicated and highly skilled healthcare professionals. We are a dedicated team supporting key services to our customers with a list size of circa 11,000 patients.
As a Practice Nurse you will use your knowledge, skills and experience to work autonomously and provide care to our customers like you would expect your own family to receive. Assessing, planning, developing, implementing and evaluating programmes to promote health and well-being, and prevent adverse effects on health and well-being
- Implementing and evaluating individual treatment plans for patients with a known long-term condition
- Identifying, and managing as appropriate, treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition
- Assessing and caring for patients presenting with uncomplicated wounds
- Supporting and providing advice for women requesting information relating to family planning needs
- Implementing and participating in vaccination and immunisation programmes for both adults and children
- Advising, supporting and, where appropriate, administer vaccinations for patients travelling abroad
- Participating in the maintenance of quality governance systems and processes across the organisation and its activities
- Utilising the audit cycle as a means of evaluating the quality of the work of self and the team, implementing improvements where required
- Working within policies relating to domestic violence, vulnerable adults, substance abuse and addictive behaviour, and refer as appropriate
As a valued member of the team, we’ll offer you a competitive salary including access to a pension scheme, ongoing training and development and good quality working conditions. Working for Virgin Care comes with additional benefits – these include use of the Virgin tribe card which offers discounts on many products including up to 40% off Virgin trains, discounts on Virgin holidays and a host of other savings. Virgin Care is a vibrant organisation committed to progressive, continuous improvement within a thriving team. If our Practice nurse role appeals, you have the qualities we are looking for, share our values and feel excited by the prospect of what we can do for your career then we’d love to hear from you.
To find out more about the role or to discuss the full reward package please contact Bradley.Barnard@virgincare.co.uk
Virgin Care are committed to equal opportunities and welcome a broad diversity of talent to apply.
Virgin Care Limited reserves the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications.
- First level Registered nurse
- First Degree level qualification or working at this level
- Practice Nurse qualification
- Clinical experience working in a GP practice
- Teaching and Assessing experience/qualification